Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vancouver and Back

The Spring Thing.

A great success it was not, neither a failure. I kinda felt like I took a magnificent beating in a biker bar, holding my head up all the while.

Vancouver was unique and special in that I has the pleasure to room with Colin Fewer. An outstanding Canadian athlete and individual. Saucony must be very proud of him.

Vancouver is, of course, breath taking (yes, I am envious) and the race weekend organized to a tee (or perhaps it's tea.) Either way, exciting and smooth.

A lot of energy, the Saucony reps were beaming. I was wondering if they were so busy and tired it's all they knew to do!

I found the course a bit tough as I had large traffic issues once the 1/2 marathoners were caught as well as the hills in the last 10 km.

To be treated as well as I was...I'm at a loss for words. OK, thrilling.

Officially, 13th in 2:41:19.

Thank you Saucony!
Thank you Bruce!

Put this one on the short list!

Over



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment