Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times


So the saying goes.
Toronto Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon was a large success, to a point.
To run a solid 1/2 in prep for a marathon, a strong effort and good result to physically and mentally prime me for the event to come.  1:15:19 felt good, especially considering the volume of training and a there and  back course. 
Recovery, ah, not so good.  Eight days later and recovery is still in the works.  Am I alone in my loath for spinning?
I have renewed my commitment to cross-train (strength and cardio) once a week.  This time I mean it!! The idea being to injury proof myself and establish a baseline to make transition during an injury easier.
Now if only I can work through this and get back on the program I can relish momentum and make the most of whats to come.
Run hard.
Over.

1 comment: